SQL: Advanced Querying
This advanced SQL training course provides attendees with skills to perform advanced querying to retrieve and analyse data from relational databases.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This practical course provides attendees with advanced querying techniques, including subqueries and window functions.
You will also learn how to create and manipulate tables, create views, index data and manage transactions.
SQL Training: Fundamentals of Querying or equivalent experience.
- Using Subqueries to Perform Advanced Querying
- Manipulating Table Data
- Manipulating the Table Structure
- Working with Views
- Indexing Data
- Managing Transactions
When the participant completes this course they will be able to:
- Use subqueries to generate query output.
- Manipulate table data by inserting and updating records in a table and deleting records from a table.
- Manipulate the table structure.
- Create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views.
- Create indices on table columns and drop inefficient indices.
- Mark the beginning of a transaction, create a savepoint within a transaction, rollback a transaction, and commit a transaction.
Using Subqueries to Perform Advanced Querying
- Search Based on Unknown Values
- Compare a Value with Unknown Values
- Search Based on the Existence of Records
- Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
- Filter Grouped Data Within Subqueries
- Perform Multiple-Level Subqueries
Manipulating Table Data
- Insert Data
- Modify and Delete Data
Manipulating the Table Structure
- Create a Table
- Create a Table with Constraints
- Add and Drop Table Columns
- Add and Drop Constraints
- Modify the Column Definition
- Back Up Tables
- Delete Tables
Working with Views
- Create a View
- Manipulate Data in Views
- Create Aliases
- Modify and Drop Views
- Create Indices
- Drop Indices
- Create Transactions
- Commit Transactions
This course is designed for data analysts and any others in the organisation who require advanced SQL skills. This course is suitable for people with the following job title or similar role:
- Data analyst
- Reporting specialist
- Business intelligence analyst