Yellowfin Advanced Analyst
This intermediate Yellowfin training course will help existing Yellowfin users to develop their ability to create advanced analytics content.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
The Yellowfin Advanced Analyst course will enable existing Yellowfin users to develop their ability to create advanced analytics content.
Learn how to create a variety of Yellowfin visualisations and advanced reporting concepts, expanding on your foundational skills. You will also learn to create comprehensive dashboards and presentations, and view Yellowfin Signals.
When the participant completes this course they will be able to:
Create Advanced Analytics Content
- Create complex tabular reports using sub-queries.
- Create complex reports with advanced filtering, complex calculations, and conditional formatting.
- Create complex reports using sparklines and various statistical advanced functions
- Create complex charts including geographic charts, statistical charts, time series, combination charts
- and more
- Create complex multi-chart reports by combining various charts, text labels, buttons and icons.
- Use Assisted Discovery to automatically analyse data to identify important and relevant insights.
Create Advanced Dashboards and Presentations
- Create complex dashboards using sub-tabs, linked filters, series selection, action buttons, widgets,
- code mode.
- Create comprehensive presentations and presentation templates
This course is designed for People whose primary use of Yellowfin is to create advanced analytics content and/or perform advanced data analysis for others.
Each course day will involve a virtual classroom session that runs over 4 hours to maximise participant engagement and learning effectiveness.
The course will be delivered using a blended learning approach that combines the following teaching methods:
- Short pre-class reading or exercises to prepare participants for the virtual classroom sessions
- Live virtual classroom sessions delivered using an advanced online training and collaboration platform and dedicated Slack channel.
- Short in-class practical exercises using small virtual breakout groups of two or three participants to collaboratively practice specific skills and techniques
- In-class mini-projects that allow participants to combine a number of specific skills and techniques to create an example of real world analytics content
The virtual classroom sessions include frequent practical interactive sessions and short breaks. The course is taught by trainers who are experienced teachers and experts in the Yellowfin Suite and the broader analytics profession.
Participants should have completed one of the following courses or have the equivalent knowledge and/or skills:
Yellowfin Business User & Basic Analyst
- Advanced Filtering
- Advanced Calculations
- Advanced Formatting
- Drill Through
- Complex Charts
- Chart Functions
- Multi-chart Canvas
- Reference Codes
- Sub Queries
- Comprehensive Canvas Dashboards
- Comprehensive Presentations
- Presentation Templates
- Consuming Signals