Yellowfin Data & Security Administrator
This advanced Yellowfin training course will enable existing Yellowfin users to manage Yellowfin data transformations, views and security.
No events to show
The Yellowfin Data & Security Administrator course will enable existing Yellowfin users to manage Yellowfin Data Transformations, Views and security.
Attend this course to obtain detailed knowledge to develop and manage Yellowfin Data Transfomations and Yellowfin Views. You will also learn to design and manage functional, content-level and data-level security.
- Data Sources
- Data Transformations
- Data Preparation using Views
- Automated Insights
- Designing Security
- Functional Security
- Content Security
- Row-level Security
When the participant completes this course they will be able to:
Data Administration and Management
- Connect to various types of data sources
- Create data transformations to integrate and clean data
- Create and configure view metadata models
- Create and configure automated insights and signals
Security Architecture and Management
- Create a user and content security model using user groups, user roles and content permissions.
- Implement row-level and column-level security
- Understand how multi-tenancy can assist the management of security in conjunction with row-level
- filtering or database switching
This course is designed for people whose primary use of Yellowfin is to design, create and maintain views and administer security for data and content
Participants should have completed one of the following courses or have the equivalent knowledge and/or skills:
- Yellowfin Business User and Basic Analyst
- Yellowfin Advanced Analyst
Each course day will involve a virtual classroom session that runs over 4 hours to maximise participant engagement
and learning effectiveness.
The course will be delivered using a blended learning approach that combines the following teaching methods:
- Short pre-class reading or exercises to prepare participants for the virtual classroom sessions
- Live virtual classroom sessions delivered using an advanced online training and collaboration platform and dedicated Slack channel.
- Short in-class practical exercises using small virtual breakout groups of two or three participants to collaboratively practice specific skills and techniques
- In-class mini-projects that allow participants to combine a number of specific skills and techniques to create an example of real world analytics content
The virtual classroom sessions include frequent practical interactive sessions and short breaks. The course is taught by trainers who are experienced teachers and experts in the Yellowfin Suite and the broader analytics profession.