Automated Business Monitoring with Yellowfin Signals
This training course will help existing Yellowfin users to design, implement and refine Yelowfin Signals anlayses to conduct automated business monitoring.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
The Automated Business Monitoring with Yellowfin Signals course will enable existing Yellowfin users to design, implement and refine Yelowfin Signals anlayses to conduct automated business monitoring.
This hands-on course will cover the core concepts underpinning Yellowfin Signals, how to create and consume Signals, and the consulting process to develop Yellowfin Signals.
When the participant completes this course they will be able to:
Understanding Yellowfin Signals
- Describe business monitoring and time series data concepts
- Describe Yellowfin Signals and how it can be used to drive business value
- Create, modify and manage Signals analyses
- Explore and consume detected Yellowfin Signals
Implement Yellowfin Signals
- Understand the Yellowfin Signals Implementation Process
- Apply the Yellowfin Signals Implementation Process to a sample dataset
This course is designed for people who have implemented, or are planning to implement Yellowfin Signals.
Prior to attending this course, participants should have a working knowledge of Yellowfin. In particular, they should be familiar with the Yellowfin view (metadata) layer.
Each course day will involve a virtual classroom session that runs over 4 hours to maximise participant engagement
and learning effectiveness.
The course will be delivered using a blended learning approach that combines the following teaching methods:
- Short pre-class reading or exercises to prepare participants for the virtual classroom sessions
- Live virtual classroom sessions delivered using an advanced online training and collaboration platform and dedicated Slack channel.
- Short in-class practical exercises using small virtual breakout groups of two or three participants to collaboratively practice specific skills and techniques
- In-class mini-projects that allow participants to combine a number of specific skills and techniques to create an example of real world analytics content
The virtual classroom sessions include frequent practical interactive sessions and short breaks. The course is taught by trainers who are experienced teachers and experts in the Yellowfin Suite and the broader analytics profession.
Session 1 (1/2 day)
- Business Monitoring and Time Series Data Concepts
- What is Yellowfin Signals
- Creating, Modifying, Managing Signal Analyses
- Exploring and Consuming Detected Yellowfin Signals
Session 2 (1/2 day)
- Introduction to Yellowfin Signals Implementation Process
- Applying the Yellowfin Signals Implementation Process to a sample data set