Analytical Thinking for Decision Making
Develop an analytical mindset for effective, unbiased, ethical decisions using data
No events to show
In this interactive, practical workshop participants build on the participants foundation knowledge of data-driven decision-making from the Essential Data Skills for Professionals workshop to develop a deeper understanding of cognitive bias and how minimise it, scientific thinking, logical thinking and ethical thinking as applied to data analysis and data-driven decision making.
Participants will work in small groups to analyse and apply the concepts and principles covered in the module to real-world case studies and example scenarios.
At the end of course participants will be able to:
- Identify and minimise the impact of cognitive bias in data-driven decision-making
- Apply the principles of scientific thinking to data analysis, in particular creating hypotheses which can be tested with data.
- Apply the principles of logical thinking to ensure that conclusions drawn from data analysis are logically sound.
- Apply the principles of ethical thinking to data analysis with the goal of minimising the chance of unintended consequences arising from data-driven decisions.
This course is run in one of the following formats:
- Instructor-led Virtual: 2 x 4 hour Modules
- Face-to-Face Delivery: 1 day