Data Acquisition, Preparation & Evaluation
Learn how to acquire, clean and integrate data from various sources and evaluate its quality.
No events to show
In this practical, interactive workshop participants will build their knowledge of the processes required to acquire, clean and integrate from various sources and evaluate its quality. This workshop allows participants to apply what they learned in the Analytical Thinking for Decision Making and Data Visualisation Principles & Best Practices workshops to acquiring and preparing data for analysis.
Participants will work in small groups to clean, integrate and evaluate real-world data sets using the techniques taught in the workshop.
At the end of course participants will be able to:
- Choose the most appropriate data for an analysis project.
- Describe the various types and formats of data available for data analysis
- Explain the relative merits of each type and format for data analysis
- Evaluate the quality of a data set and identify if a data set biased and unbiased
- Apply a range of techniques to minimise or eliminate data quality errors
- Enrich data by integrating, transforming and aggregating various data sets
This course is run in one of the following formats:
- Instructor-led Virtual: 2 x 4 hour Modules
- Face-to-Face Delivery: 1 day