Data Storytelling Principles & Best Practices
Learn to how to communicate recommendations from data in a compelling way.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
In this practical, interactive workshop participants build on their knowledge of data visualisation principles and best practices by learning the importance of using narrative structure and storytelling techniques to enhance the way they present their data visualisations to stakeholders.
Participants will work in small groups to prepare and deliver a data story presentation, and receive constructive feedback on their presentation content and delivery from the experienced facilitator.
At the end of course participants will be able to:
- Explain why presenting data visualisations in a narrative format increases audience attention and increases follow-up action.
- Use the storyboarding technique to plan the content and structure of a data presentation.
- Use the narrative structure and storytelling techniques to create compelling data presentations that will capture the audience and increase the chance of action.
- Improve single data visualisations by adding data storytelling elements to them.
Duration and Structure
This course is run in one of the following formats:
- Instructor-led Virtual: 2 x 4 hour Modules
- Face-to-Face Delivery: 1 day