Dashboard Design Principles & Best Practices
Learn how to design dashboards to monitor and manage organisation performance.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
In this practical, interactive workshop participants build on their knowledge of data visualisation principles and best practices by applying that knowledge to the requirements gathering and design of dashboards that are used by stakeholders to monitor organization performance and support decision making.
Participants will work in small groups to gather requirements for and design of a dashboard and receive feedback on their design from the experienced facilitator.
At the end of course participants will be able to:
- Describe what a dashboard is and is not, and how it is used for monitoring and decision making
- Describe the different types of dashboards and when each type should be used.
- Describe the different types of dashboard user and why they use dashboards.
- Apply best practice principles to the design and development of a dashboard.
- Use decision-driven design and evolutionary development methods to create effective dashboards
- Interact with business users to gather the correct requirements for a dashboard.
This course is run in one of the following formats:
- Instructor-led Virtual: 2 x 4 hour Modules
- Face-to-Face Delivery: 1 day