Leading Analytics in Organisations: An Executive Introduction
This analytics introduction for executives course provides leaders with the knowledge to plan and lead a successful analytics programme in an organisation.
Classroom: 1 day | Remote: 4 x 2 hour sessions
There are many factors driving organisations to implement an analytics and data science programme. The push factors of increasing demands for greater returns from stakeholders in the form of expanded markets or greater efficiency are combined with the pull factors of a significant increase in low-cost computing power and the ever-growing amounts of meaningful data generated by digitisation initiatives.
While many organisations claim that analytics is a top strategic priority, many of these same organisations have either failed to start an analytics programme or have started and reached what McKinsey & Company calls the “started but stuck” phase, that is they have invested heavily in analytics infrastructure and technical people but are yet to achieve meaningful business results.
This one-day course provides practical knowledge, grounded in high-quality academic research and industry best practice, will empower the executive and management team of any organisations to jump-start an analytics programme capable of providing positive financial returns and sustainable growth.
- Analytics and the Business Landscape
- Types of Analytics
- The Analytics and Data Science Process
- Analytics Technology – The What and Why
- Analytics in Business Functions
- Analytics Success Factors
- How to Staff and Structure an Analytics Team
- How to Build an Analytics Culture
- Governance, Compliance and Ethics of Analytics
- Analytics Strategy Development and Execution
When the participant completes this course they will:
- Know how analytics can help their business unlock the value in their data to achieve sustainable competitive advantage and drive innovation
- Understand the key principles and concepts of analytics
- Understand the proven success factors for analytics
- Understand how to build an analytics culture within their organisation
- Know what is required to plan and execute a successful organisation-wide, business-driven analytics program
- Know how to assemble an effective analytics team that can drive analytics throughout the organisation