SQL Training: Fundamentals of Querying
This SQL training course provides attendees with fundamental skills to use a range of queries to retrieve and analyse data from databases using SQL.
Classroom: 1 day | Remote: 4 x 2 hour sessions
This course introduces attendees to querying with SQL. You will learn how to connect to a SQL database and execute a range of queries to retrieve and analyse data.
The course will cover a variety of functions including date calculations, aggregate functions, string manipulations and more.
When the participant completes this course they will be able to:
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data.
- Organize data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen.
- Retrieve data from tables.
- Format an output, save a result, and generate a report.