Yellowfin Business User and Basic Analyst
This introductory Yellowfin Analytics training course will help people new to Yellowfin to develop the skills to explore, analyse and visualise data.
Classroom: 1 day | Remote: 2 x 4 hour sessions
This introductory Yellowfin course will help people who are new to Yellowfin to develop the skills to explore, analyse and visualise data.
Learn how to navigate the system and collaborate with other users, interact with various forms of content, create basic reports that include formatting, filtering, and calculations, and create basic charts.
When the participant completes this course they will be able to:
Finding and Using Analytics Content
- Describe the core components of Yellowfin
- Navigate the Yellowfin interface
- Find and access existing analytics content on Yellowfin
- Answer business questions by interacting with and exploring existing analytics content on Yellowfin
- Answer business questions using Assisted Insights
- Respond to business insights identified by Signals
- Collaborate with colleagues about business questions with analytics content using annotations, timeline, tasks and comments.
- Use actions to share existing analytics content with others.
Introductory Analytics Content Creation
- Create tabular reports with filters aggregations, calculations, functions, sections, drill-downs and conditional formatting
- Create data visualisations using Auto-Chart or selecting standard charts.
- Format tabular reports and data visualisations
Create dashboards using existing reports and data visualisations
- Create interactive data presentations using existing reports and data visualisations
- Create narrative data stories using existing reports and data visualisations